Cooper Tire & Rubber Company was founded in 1914, when brothers-in-law John F. Schaefer and Claude E. Hart purchased M and M Manufacturing Company in Akron, Ohio, producing tire patches, tire cement and tire repair kits. In 1915, Schaefer and Hart purchased The Giant Tire & Rubber Company of Akron, a tire rebuilding business, and two years later moved the business to Findlay, Ohio. The firm changed its name to Cooper Tire & Rubber Company in 1946 and by July 11, 1960, the company became a publicly held corporation and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Cooper Tire specializes in the design, manufacture, marketing and sale of passenger car and light truck tires. Cooper and its subsidiaries also sell medium truck, motorcycle and racing tires. Cooper Tire has manufacturing, sales, distribution, technical and design facilities within its family of companies located in 11 countries around the world.
Cooper Touring, Discoverer, Lifeliner, Roadmaster, Trendsetter and Zeon model tires are available to buy now.